About this SiteI made this website for something to do, its totally not for profit. At first, it was just a single personal web page made with FrontPage in experimental mode. I decided to put some extra stuff on like hobbies. Bought a house, along with a house out in the boonies/woods/sticks. Telescope and then a Weather Station later was added. Nice dark skies at night and decent weather most of the time, along with the occasional power outages. My hobbies over the years have gone from Astronomy to Weather watching. Guess I got carried away with Weather watching some eh?
About Erin, NYis a town located in , New York, USA. As of the 2000 census, Erin had a total population of 2,054. The name was applied by early settlers from Ireland. Erin is east of Elmira and is at the county's northeast border. The town was first settled around 1816. Erin was formed in 1822 from the Town of Chemung. The hamlet of Erin is in the south-central part of the town on Route 223. For more details there is also , , and . To find other local websites near us, use GeoURL .
- submitted via
- submitted via
- submitted via
About this StationSouth Erin weather station went online in February 2005. This station utilizes a . Data is collected every 2 seconds via a and the site is updated every 5-10 minutes. This site and its data is collected using software.
This station comprises of the Davis Vantage Pro2 Envoy receiver, solar powered integrated sensor suite (ISS) @ 7', which includes rain collector w/heater, temperature and humidity sensors and solar panel, anemometer @ 30', solar radiation sensor @ 30', and UV sensor @ 30'. Temperature and humidity sensors are enclosed the ISS, 24-hour fan-aspirated radiation shield. Shield combines fan aspiration and passive shielding to minimize the effects of solar radiation. Electronic components are housed in a weather-resistant shelter.
, Solar-powered station includes transmitter and battery inside weather-resistant shelter, 4 soil moisture sensors, 4 soil temperature probes, and 2 leaf wetness sensors.
- : 03/01/2010 v1.90 Rev B
- VP Envoy Battery : 4.5 volts - Running on AC adapter
- VP Envoy Reception : 98%
- ISS Battery status : Ok
Computer hardware configuration:
- Microsoft Windows: 10 Professional
- Windows uptime : 0 Days 3 Hours 32 Minutes 7 Seconds
- Windows memory : 23.26GB available
- XPS 8900 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
- Webcam hardware by , software by
- WXSIM Weather Forecast software by v2016 Build 1.2 and 6.1
- GRLevel3 images created using software v1.92
- Web pages modified with software v7.2
- NWS forecasts and advisories used on this site are provided by our local .
- Website hosting provided by .
This site is a template design bywith PHP conversion by .
Special thanks and Credits go to:
- My local neighbors for the private internet broadband access.
- Kevin Reed at for his work on the original Carterlake templates, and his design for the common website PHP management.
- Mike Challis of for his wind-rose generator, Theme Switcher and CSS styling help with these templates.
- Ken True of for the AJAX conditions display, dashboard and integration of the used on this site.
- Rainer of for his work on the used on this site.
- Template is originally based on .